The Only Specialist Training Provider in Perth Offering Exclusively Adobe Courses Since 1995 - Money Back Guarantee*
The instructor for this course has 15+ years of experience teaching Illustrator.
Short Training Course
Adobe Illustrator CC
(3 Day Course)
Register Now »
A DISCOUNT OF 10% IS APPLIED TO ALL MULTIPLE
BOOKINGS OF SHORT COURSES
Visit the Course Registration Page for further information.
Adobe Illustrator CC is a leading vector graphics program for digital media and is used extensively in printing and publishing, world wide web, multi media, graphic design, mapping, infographics, fashion industries and many others.
This 3 day comprehensive Illustrator course incorporates our 2 day ‘Adobe Illustrator Essentials’ training course plus a 3rd day to cover more advanced Illustrator techniques and project work. This course is designed for people who wish to have an extensive coverage of the Adobe Illustrator program. Prior knowledge or experience using Illustrator is not required to participate in this course. The 1st day of the course commences at a beginners level and progresses to an advanced level on the 3rd day.
This course will be conducted using the Illustrator CC version (Creative Cloud) but it is also suitable for people who maybe using the older CS6 version of Adobe Illustrator.
Register Now »
AI223 - Wed, Thurs, & Fri, June 20th, 21st & 22nd, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
AI224 - Wed, Thurs, & Fri, July 18th, 19th & 20th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
AI225 - Mon, Tues & Wed, Aug 27th, 28th & 29th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
AI226 - Wed, Thurs, & Fri, Sept 19th, 20th & 21st, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
AI227 - Mon, Tues & Wed, Oct 29th, 30th & 31st, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
AI228 - Wed, Thurs, & Fri, Dec 5th, 6th & 7th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
The Adobe Illustrator instructor is Keith Bowley who has been delivering Illustrator training since 1996.
"Keith is an amazing trainer. He's very patient and explains things clearly. I like the way he methodically peels the subjects of the course"
"Excellent, very comprehensive training. Keith goes through everything at a good pace and is very clear"
"Very thorough and well organised. Great delivery. Confident. Concise. Good at explaining and simplifying tasks to meet needs"
"Found the course to be very valuable in preparation for my study in Graphic Design. Excellent teaching and resources provided. Thank you."
"The delivery of the training was better than I expected. Keith is an excellent communicator and has the patience of a saint."
The Illustrator Workspace
- Choosing a workspace
- Using existing Adobe Illustrator files and making new files
- Using and Manage Workspaces
- The document window
- Importing artwork
- Creating and using multiple Artboards
- Changing your view and screen modes
- Preview versus Outlines
- Navigating the artboard
- Using Tools
- Using Panels
- The Control Panel
- Ruler Guides
- Using the Grid
- Using Smart Guides
- Vector Path Fundamentals
- Using the shape tools
- Selecting artwork
- Repositioning and resizing shapes
- Using the Transform panel and tools
- Adding a Fill and Stroke to document elements
- Using Layers when building a document
- Working with Groups
- Adding "Live" Effects
- Linking and Embedding images
- Transparency and Blending modes
- Compound paths
- Using the Pathfinder Panel
- Creating shapes using the Shape Builder tool
- Combining and Subtracting shapes
- Transforming using values
- Aligning and Distributing
- Colour Models and Modes
- Colour Measuring
- Basics of the Appearance panel
- Creating and changing colours
- Creating a Colourful illustration
- Using Live Paint
- Creating and applying Gradients
- Using the Gradient Panel and Gradient tool
- Creating Blends
- Colour swatches
- Using Pantone colours and spot colour printing.
Working with Drawing Tools
- Path Fundamentals
- Working with the Pen tool
- Using the Shaper tool
- Using the Curvature tool
- Manually tracing images
- Placing an image as a template
- Other drawing tools
- Cutting paths with various tools
- Refining and joining paths
- Using the Puppet Warp Tool
- Working with Image Trace
- Using the Tracing Presets
- The Image Trace panel
- Understanding tracing options
- Expanding Image Traced artwork.
Working with Live Paint
- Creating a Live Paint group
- Setting Gap Detection options
- Using the Live Paint Bucket and Selection tool.
Working with and Formatting Text
- Illustrator text tools
- Character formatting
- Paragraph formatting;
- Creating Paragraph and Character Styles
- Text on a path
- Touch Type Tool
- Warping text
- Text in a shape
- Creating Text outlines
- Creating print documents using Illustrator
Working with Layers
- Organising your Illustrations documents with Layers
- Getting to know the Layers panel
- Layer management
- Using the Layers panel to make selections
- Isolation mode
- Creating new layers and moving items between layers
- Nested layers and sublayers
- Using Template layers.
Saving Illustrator Files
- Save and exporting graphics
- File Formats and what and when to use
- Exporting files to other applications
- Managing colour
- Printing and exporting transparency
- Rasterising images
- Printing Illustrator images
- Saving and optimising images for the web.
- Setting Strokes attributes
- Variable width Strokes
- Gradient on strokes
- Dashed strokes
- Applying brushes to strokes
- Using the Strokes panel
- Using Arrowheads
- Applying multiple Strokes
- Applying non destructive Effects
- Types of Effects
- Appearance panel
- Graphic Styles panel
- Applying Multiple Fills and Strokes
- Saving Styles
- Expanding Appearances
- Using and Editing Symbols
- Symbols panel
- Isolation mode
- Symbol Libraries
- Creating your own symbols
- Symboliser Tools.
- Creating Clipping Masks
- Working non destructively
- Editing Clipping Masks
- Applying and Releasing Clipping Masks
- Using Draw Inside
- Drawing new objects in perspective
- Perspective grid presets
- Applying existing artwork to your perspective work
- Release objects with perspective
- Selecting objects in perspective
- Transforming objects
- Adding text and symbols in perspective
- Perspective Grid settings
- Using a template image as a guide
Using Gradient Mesh
- Create mesh objects
- Using the Mesh tool and menus
- Edit mesh objects
- Set transparency for gradient meshes.
Colour Groups and Edit Colours
- Using the Colour Guide panel
- Creating and Saving Colour Groups
- Adobe Kuler
- Using the Recolour Artwork Dialog
- Assigning colours
- Reducing and editing colour artwork
- Creating, Applying and Disabling Opacity Masks
- Editing masked objects in Opacity Masks
- Releasing masks.
- Using Gradients with Opacity Masks
- Extrude and Bevel
- Revolve in 3D
- Expanding 3D Appearance to generate artwork
- Mapping Symbols to 3D Objects
- Creating and applying patterns
- Saving and editing patterns
- Transforming and Repositioning patterns
- Pattern options
- The new Patterns panel
Producing Complex Artwork
- Organising and managing complex designs
- Transforming guides
- Using Pathfinder techniques
- Completing a number of advanced Projects
On completion of this course participants will have learned the necessary technical skills required to create computer generated digital artwork for print and other media using Adobe Illustrator CC.
Participants will have learned the necessary technical skills and knowledge required to:
Use the Illustrator Workspace, Tools and Panels
Create Graphics using various vector production methods
Include Text in Compositions
Apply Colour to Graphics using various methods
Manage Compositions with Layers
Save files correctly to suit media requirements
Use Live Effects and Symbols
Apply Gradients using various methods
Create Graphics in Perspective
Apply Masking techniques
Produce Complex Artwork
Meet the Trainers
The trainer conducting this courses is Keith Bowley. Keith has been working in the Printing and Graphic Arts industry for over 30 years and has been training industry people in the use of Adobe Illustrator since 1996. Keith is a qualified trainer under the National Training System. Keith's knowledge and skills are not just limited to the Adobe Illustrator application, but also on how to use the program to correctly prepare digital images for various media applications, particularly those images required for use in print and web publishing. Keith also delivers training in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Animate and Adobe Muse.
Feel free to email Keith with any enquires you may have to email@example.com
Prepress Skills Centre is a specialist training centre (since 1995) with many years experience in providing specialist training to both the print, web and multimedia industries.
Our computer labs are very spacious and utilise ergonomically designed computer benches and chairs. Training techniques used at the training centre include the use of a data projection screen for clear vision of demonstrations.
During the course participants will develop the skills required to complete structured exercises and workplace related projects. All techniques and skills will be demonstrated and each participant will be provided with feedback on their progress and personal attention when required. All resources are supplied including computer files and workbooks. Lunch is also provided for this course.
To undertake this course participants require basic computer skills (Macintosh or PC) with the ability to manage files and folders. Prior Adobe Illustrator experience is not a prerequisite.
The total cost of the ‘Adobe Illustrator CC’ 3 day training course is $995 + GST. Payment is accepted by cash, money order, cheque or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only) and you can register now online!! Register Now »