The only specialist training provider in Perth, Western Australia offering exclusively Adobe software training - since 1995
Short Training Course
Adobe Acrobat XI Essentials
(1 Day Course - PC Only)
Register Now »
A DISCOUNT OF 10% IS APPLIED TO ALL MULTIPLE
BOOKINGS OF SHORT COURSES
Visit the Course Registration Page for further information.
Acrobat XI is the 11th version of Adobe's tool for creating, viewing, editing, and sharing PDF files. The PDF file format is one of the most widely used and distributed file formats in use today. It's gained such acceptance because it provides a format that can be widely distributed to anyone.
Any user can view a PDF file using the free Adobe Reader application by downloading it from Adobe's website. Using Acrobat XI, you can create a PDF file using any file as a source file whether it be Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, a webpage, the list goes on and on. In contrast to the free Adobe Reader, Acrobat XI allows you to view, create, and modify PDF files to do a variety of different things. In Acrobat XI, Adobe has improved the existing tools and added new tools to help you enhance the ease with which you work with PDF files.
This 1 day Adobe Acrobat Essentials intermediate level course is suitable for people with little or no knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and also for people who are self-taught in the Acrobat program.
What is Adobe Acrobat used for?
Register Now »
ACRO134 (PC Only) - Tuesday, Sept 26th, 9.00am to 4.00pm - $395.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
ACRO135 (PC Only) - Monday, Oct 30th, 9.00am to 4.00pm - $395.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
ACRO136 (PC Only) - Monday, Dec 4th, 9.00am to 4.00pm - $395.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
ACRO137 (PC Only) - Monday, Jan 22nd, 9.00am to 4.00pm - $395.00 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
The Adobe Acrobat instructor is Bernard O'Hara who has been delivering Acrobat training since 2004.
"Excellent - every time I do a course here I am so motivated to get back to work and try our the new ideas, thanks".
Emily Roche (Sealcorp)
"All areas of the training delivery (preparation, knowledge, style and relevance) were excellent".
Lisa Wiseman (Halliburton)
"Delivery was very clear and concise with good examples given. I liked the way Bernard explained something and then gave a worksheet to perform the task while everything was fresh in your mind".
Jacque Holroyd (Inspired Systems)
"Very well prepared, delivered and excellent knowledge of subject".
James Stables (Antistandard)
Acrobat XI Interface
- Acrobat XI Workspace Overview
- Menus and Context Menus
- Toolbars Overview
- Task panes Overview
- The Navigation Pane
- Customising the Acrobat XI Workspace
Viewing and Navigating PDF Files
- Viewing PDFs and Viewing Preferences
- Navigating PDF Pages
- Adjusting PDF Views
- Setting the Page Layout and Orientation
- Grids and guides in PDF's
- Adobe PDF Conversion Settings
- Customise Adobe PDF Settings
Creating PDF Files
- Creating a PDF File from a Microsoft Word
- Creating a PDF From a Microsoft PowerPoint
- Creating a secure PDF From a Microsoft Excel
- Combining files into a single PDF file
- Working with Scanned Paper Documents
- Dragging and dropping to make PDF files
- Using the Adobe PDF Printer to make PDF files
Editing PDF Files
- Editing text in a PDF
- Replacing Multiple Occurrences of Text
- Changing Text Properties
- Adding Bullet Points
- Replacing Images in a PDF
- Adding Images to a PDF
- Editing an Image in Acrobat
- Editing an Image in another Application
- Copying Text and Images from a PDF
Saving and Exporting PDF Files
- Reducing the PDF File Size by Saving
- Saving PDF’s using PDF Optimizer
- Exporting PDFs to other File Formats
- Exporting PDF Content to a PowerPoint Presentation
- Saving PDF Files as Word Documents
- Extracting PDF Tables as Excel Spreadsheets
Combining PDF Files/Portfolios
- Inserting one PDF into another
- Inserting a Clipboard Selection
- Placing PDFs as Linked files in Other Documents
- Arranging Pages and Deleting Pages
- Creating a PDF Portfolio
- Change the Visual Appearance of a Portfolio
Bookmarks, Links and Page Numbering
- Manipulating and Moving Pages
- Rotating and Deleting Pages
- Renumbering pages
- Managing Links
- Working with Bookmarks
- Changing a Bookmark Destination
- Naming Bookmarks Automatically
- Moving Bookmarks
Adding Rich Media
- Working with Video and Sound Formats in PDF’s
- Advanced Multimedia Options Overview
- Inserting Video into Word and PowerPoint Overview
- Editing the Play Area of Placed Files
- Inserting Video and Sound Files.
Adding Security to PDF's
- Adding and Viewing Security Settings
Commenting in PDF Files
- Change the look of your comments
- Add sticky notes and text comments
- Emphasizing Text and Marking Text Edits
- Importing Comments
- Summarising Comments
- Exporting and Printing a Comment Summary
PDF Form Fundamentals
- Converting PDF Files to PDF Forms
- Adding Form Fields
- Adding a Text and Multiline Text Fields
- Specifying an Answer Format
- Adding an Action Button
- Distributing Forms - Overview
- Collecting Form Data - Overview
- Working Form Data - Overview
Automating Routine Tasks
On completion of this course participants will have learned the necessary technical skills required to:
Use the Acrobat X1 interface
View and navigate PDF files
Create and Edit PDf files
Save and Export PDF files
Combine and arrange PDF files
Add rich media, security and comments
Create PDF forms
Meet the Trainers
The trainer conducting this course is Bernard O’Hara. Bernard has been working in the Printing and Graphic Arts industry for over 30 years and has been training industry people in the use of page layout applications for over 20 years. Bernard’s knowledge and skills are not just limited to the Adobe Acrobat application, but also on how to use other programs such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Photoshop to correctly prepare digital artwork for various media applications.
Feel free to email Bernard with any enquires you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepress Skills Centre is a specialist training centre (since 1995) with many years experience in providing specialist training to both the print, web and multimedia industries.
Our computer labs are very spacious and utilise ergonomically designed computer benches and chairs. Training techniques used at the training centre include the use of a data projection screen for clear vision of demonstrations.
During the course participants will develop the skills required to complete structured exercises and workplace related projects. All techniques and skills will be demonstrated and each participant will be provided with feedback on their progress and personal attention when required. All resources are supplied including computer files and workbooks. Lunch is also provided for this course.
To undertake this course participants require basic computer skills (PC) with the ability to manage files and folders. Prior Adobe Acrobat experience is not a prerequisite.
The total cost of the ‘Adobe Acrobat XI Essentials’ one day training course is $395.00 + GST. Payment is accepted by cash, money order, cheque or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only) and you can register now online!! Register Now »